Descripción del puesto de trabajo
The Bid Manager is responsible for mobilizing and driving all necessary internal resources & processes to win the deal. He/she assembles and leads a high caliber project team, manages the bid & bid schedule, merges its components & references, assures the quality of all material handed to the customer and ensures that the necessary and sufficient actions are taken to win the deal. He/she is responsible for escalations to the BDSC/MDSC as appropriate and for bringing sales, delivery and corporate perspectives on the deal to consensus.
- The bid project in terms of budget, time and quality, ensuring that the necessary and sufficient actions are taken to win the deal. Therefore he mobilizes and manages all necessary internal resources & communication processes.
- Creation and control of project plans incl. budget information status documentation as well as reports.
- Coordination and preparation of the proposal for a concrete opportunity until closing; quality assurance.
- Required board approvals and delivery commitments, managing escalations as appropriate.
- Content alignment and reconciliation of the different streams.
- Smooth hand over to the realization phase.
- Assembles and leads a project team across T-Systems, manages escalations to staff the team.
- Manages the bid process until the proposal is ready to be signed, manages the bid schedule and budget.
- Initiates processes and delivers documents for the approval boards and manages escalations an appropriate.
- Ensures the quality of all material delivered to the customer.
- Manages and evaluates “due diligence” if required.
- Manages and coordinates the preparation of the proposal and ensures the conflation of all proposal parts, delivered by solution factory, HR, Finance & Controlling, Legal Affairs or other internal or external units.
- Acts as counterpart for client’s buying team project manager to structure and plan the joined process milestones.
- Manages team building, moderates team conflict resolutions.
- Influential in guiding the development of sales, solution, and financial strategies; serves as liaison to support team members to translate prospect strategies into action items, project plans, and client deliverables that align with win themes and value propositions.
- Identifies, presents and evaluates risks of the proposal and contract in collaboration with all involved units.
- Considered as an advisor to senior sales, account, and/or industry leadership with respect to the current state and future advancement of the deal.
- Coordinates and accompanies the handover process to transition & transformation team.
- BA/Master degree in Computer Sciences or Economics.
- Distinctive project management skills, PMI, ITIL or similar certification.
- Sales oriented personality with good communication and negotiation skills, as well as cooperation and teamwork.
- Excellent documentation and presentation skills.
- Professional, self-confident appearance and distinctive sensitivity for customers’ needs.
- Traceable excellent experiences in processing complex proposals (RFI, RFQ, RFP,…) in the role as Bid-Manager.
- Fluent in English, has performed contract negotiations and customer presentations in English.
- Knowledge of quality management methods.
- Knowledge of T-Systems’ (or Industry best practise) ‘Go2Market processes’.
- Knowledge of T-Systems’ (or Industry best practice) ‘portfolio’ or parts of it.
- Knowledge of most important influencing factors of solutions (HR, Finance, technical solution, steering logic).
- Distinctive interpersonal skills for leading scattered teams.
- Deal/Business owner
- Deal Team members
- Portfolio Management
- Approval boards
- Internal Stakeholders and Cross Functions
With a footprint in more than 20 countries, 43,700 employees, and external revenue of 7.9 billion euros (2016), T-Systems is one of the world’s leading providers of information and communications technology (ICT).
T-Systems offers a range of integrated solutions for business customers, including the secure operation of legacy systems and classic ICT services, the transformation to cloud-based services (including tailored infrastructure, platforms and software) as well as new business models and innovation projects for the business fields of the future, such as data analytics, the Internet of Things, machine-to-machine (M2M) communication and Industrial Internet.
T-Systems can provide all this thanks to its global reach in fixed-network and mobile communications, its highly secure data centers, a comprehensive cloud ecosystem built around standardized platforms and global partnerships, and the ability to offer top levels of security.