The Database Service Engineer will be responsible for describing, documenting and developing technical solutions / services based on SQL Server software, Windows operating systems and storage technologies. The Database Service Engineer will also be responsible for delivering complete top tier engineering support, project delivery and consultancy on these developed solutions / services. These deliverables include existence of appropriate processes & tools, operational readiness requirements, compliance assurances, database security, knowledge management adjustment, for all database middleware environments.
The nature of the database service engineering job demands a rational person who has in depth overall Server, OS and storage technology technical skills and able to support and deliver global operational team requirements.
- Active role as a senior subject matter expert for complete database specialize areas
- Principal consultants in customer’s or project enquiries that are require high level of expertise regarding the technology and the service offering
- Support and provide high level assistance on problem management and workarounds for DBAs
- Test and document all new versions of software prior release to operation.
- Maintain close relationships with DBA operations, DBA engineering and vendors to provide knowledge sharing on experiences and best practices
- Familiarity on operating systems, networking concepts, storage concepts and monitoring.
- Work closely across global engineering team (Microsoft Corporation, Storage and Network) to solve complex problems.
- Lead new project request discussion with customer / project manager in the early stage in regarding to design, sizing, implementation standard & option.
- Opportunity to work completely remote
IT Services Hungary
- Good command in English, both written and spoken.
- University degree in IT or equivalent technical or professional qualification with
- 3-5 years of experience in a relevant field of activity
- In-depth technical knowledge of SQL Server and Windows OS technologies and versions.
- Accreditations like Microsoft certifications are an added advantage.
- In-depth knowledge of database design (logical & physical), database architecture
- Experience managing SQL Server in virtualized environments or “cloud” implementations
- Experience in managing large complicated environments with various types of databases, versions, applications, customers, etc.
- Experience using PowerShell, SQL-SMO or similar to automate tasks
- Prior experience in Application Development environment is an advantage
- Good analytical skill and expert level programming techniques
- Understanding of server and storage technology, e.g. RAID, NAS, SAN, snapshot, especially in the area of High Availability.
- Good knowledge and experience in the use of the Problem / Change and remote management tools, processes and applications.
- Ability to use ITIL based global tools and processes (processes and methodology
IT Services Hungary is the biggest ICT employer of Hungary, the subsidiary company of T-Systems International. Our company uniquely offers the whole portfolio of ICT-service. Our centres in Budapest, Debrecen, Pécs and Szeged satisfy our international clients in systemintegrational and operational fields, but in our wide offer you can also find all the widely used software and hardware platforms of SAP system services as well as distant and local server operation, network management and supervision. The appreciation of our work is shown by winning the „Investor of the Year” award both in 2008 and 2015. In the year 2014/15 „Employer of the Year” (National Champion) award was also collected by us. Since 2014 the company has been a multiple Superbrands award winner, and IT Business gave us the title: „The Most Successful ICT enterprise” in 2017.
We are looking for experienced professionals as a still developing and broadening company!