FOCUS: User Experience Design
For our industry leading innovation area, we are looking for an experienced and ambitious Senior Experience Designer (m/f/d) with broad experience in the design of digital products and outstanding experiences. The ideal candidate will be excited about the opportunity to drive experience quality an d customer centric innovation across the portfolio of Deutsche Telekom.
- Work as an experience leader and quality gate keeper in innovation projects and support progress against project milestones to help ensure timely execution of project deliverables
- Translation of trend, user needs, business requirements and technical capabilities into a meaningful and captivating experience that is visually exciting, easy to use, and emotionally engaging
- Decompose ambiguous strategic goals into customer experience outcomes; ensure the team understands and executes to deliver results.
- Act as expert on our products and customer journeys and offer exceptional customer service, proactively spotting problems before the occur
- Conception and visualization of information through structured tools like information architecture, storyboards, user stories, flowcharts, site maps, wireframes and concrete specifications and requirements
- Generating and communicating strategic analysis and business insights incl. validation of customer value.
- Definition and development of user experience strategies and strategic design of customer journeys for specific digital products/services, taking into account user requirements and current technical trends; in addition, conducting customer interviews as a basis for software solution design (personas, storyboard, etc.) and conducting design thinking workshops
- Presenting strategic concepts and user experience outputs to stakeholders and Top management, leading and inspiring change and innovation against the headwinds of existing culture, processes, and incentives and across multiple departments.
- Transfer of business needs and user desires into creative solutions for a unique user experience
- Conception and cross-channel development of interaction design; development of interactive prototypes
- design management of the project teams in user-oriented software developments, taking into account the implementation techniques
- Ensuring the successful completion of design tasks and the preparation of relevant outcome documents at all stages
- User Experience Coach and sparring partner for other experience managers and stakeholders from other departments
Deutsche Telekom AG, VTI
The role as Senior Experience Designer (f/m/d) with focus on User Experience Design requires in particular:
- Master’s degree in design and 8+ years of experience with background in UX/Design, Research and Strategy or Planning
- A thought leader with ability to inspire team members with Up-to-date knowledge of the newest UX- trends and new interaction paradigms (e.g. VR, AR, Voice)
- An expert communicator, brimming with positivity, warmth, and empathy, and a customer-centric mentality, able to communicate effectively successfully across all levels within the organization, including board level
- Strong methodological knowledge in the areas of user experience (UX), user centered design (UCD), information architecture and interaction Design.
- Sound experience of applying the design process in agile and cross-functional teams
- Influences key decision makers to challenge conventional practices and instill customer insights into the decision-making processes.
- Mindset and experience to understand exactly what customers need and want
- Work well under pressure, able to juggle many projects simultaneously and with the right priority
- Fluent in English, German is a plus
We feel as much at home in Bonn as we do in the 50 other countries around the globe where we provide our services. As one of the leading telecommunications providers in Europe, we also have a footprint in the markets in Asia and the United States. We're on our way to become one of the industry's top service companies and want you to help us to get there.