We are looking for Java Developer Bridge Head (Technical Lead) to join the Phoenix project team.
Phoenix is a central portal for the mobile and fix-line operator Telekom Deutschland (www.telekom.de).
It provides sales & service processes for millions subscribers of mobile and land line networks.
Only telecommunication portal in Germany uses 100% responsive design over all platforms.
The main application is based on a multi-tier Java-architecture with few tens of Java/Spring-based REST-services on backend side, and JSP on web frontend side, implemented using HTML 5, CSS 3 and REACT.
For CI\CD we employ Gitlab CI, Docker, Openshift.
Development process is Scrum. The project size including development, testing, analysis is about 200 people located in St.Pete, Germany and Poland. In Russia, we have 7 scrum teams, each team consists of backend-, frontend-developers and testers, as well as integrators; for test automation we have a separate team. Product Owners and part of the analysts are in Germany. Practically all the scrum ceremonies are conducted in English by means of onsite/offsite conferencing. Roughly every 2rd month we travel to Germany for demos and panning’s.
The first version of the application went successfully live in December 2017. Next versions will bring even more new features to the user. The nearest delivery is scheduled for July 2019.
Spring, REST, ATG, Endeca Guided Search, Java 8, Jboss 6.1, Sitebuilder, 4.JSP with Freemarker Templates, Oracle DB, JUnit, Mockito, Gradle, GIT.
Mentoring, Sprint planning(for developers and quality assurance);
Participate in technical design, development and code reviews;
Be responsible for implemented functionality, quality code and technical documentation;
Understand business and technical objectives of a project and work closely with analysts and the test team.
- Enterprise application design and architecture knowledge;
- Experience in Java/J2EE technologies;
- Some experience in Web application design and development;
- Ability to understand coding standards and guidelines followed in the project;
- Keen attention to detail;
- Ability to respond strongly and positively to challenging work and deadlines;
- English: Intermediate, able to speak.
Good to have: Development team management experience. Knowledge of JBoss server. Experience in ATG and Endeca. Experience in Gradle and GIT. Knowledge of CI servers (Hudson, Jenkins) and Sonar.
- Employment according to the Labor Code of Russian Federation, “white” salary;
- Work in a stable company;
- Regular business trips to Europe;
- Flexible working schedule;
- Comfortable office in the city center;
- Well equipped kitchen with tea/coffee 24/7;
- Kicker and table tennis, shower, bicycle parking;
- Extended medical insurance;
- Extensive opportunities for professional growth English and German classes in the office;
- Football and volleyball teams.