QUALIFICATIONS (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, BEHAVIOR)
Specify the educational background, qualifications and experience that would typically be required to perform your job fully and effectively.
• University degree in Computer Science/IT/Engineering or equivalent technical or professional qualification with:
o 2-3 years of experience in a relevant field of activity for Beginner Level.
• Fresh Graduates are encouraged to apply for entry level. Must possess University degree in IT or equivalent technical or professional qualification.
• Formal Microsoft University certification (one or more of the following):
o Microsoft Information Technology Professional (MSITP) (Server or Enterprise).
o Microsoft Certified Engineer (MSCE).
• Intermediate knowledge of TCP/IP inter-networking, Firewalls, and Security based technologies.
• Intermediate knowledge of virtualisation based technologies, such as VMWare.
• Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft “scripting based” technologies such as Perl, Java, C# etc and development tools.
• Intermediate understanding of Microsoft “Middleware” based components, such as IIS, Java, APACHE, .net, Biztalk, JBOSS, Tomcat & CITRIX etc.
• Experience in database technologies such as Oracle, MSSQL, DB2 are an added advantage
• Working experience in large scale Middleware environment
• Intermediate understanding of Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint etc).
• Intermediate experience in overall server operations (including user administration, security, networking, backup and performance monitoring).
• Intermediate knowledge of “directory naming” technologies (Active Directory (AD), LDAP etc).
• Intermediate familiarity with investigative processes when reliability, availability, performance, or security issues are identified.
• Performance tuning and Capacity Management.
• Intermediate understanding of the implementation and administration of monitoring tools, and how these tools integrate into the hosting environment.
• Experience in monitoring technical aspects such as availability, response time, and capacity.
• Knowledge in storage technologies/architecture (NAS). Knowledge of NetApp filer technology would be of great benefit.
• Basic knowledge of RDBMS and DBA principles (SQL Server and Oracle).
Skills and Behavior
• Fulfils tasks on-time and conscientiously recognises possible gaps and risks within operational services, and identifies these to relevant stakeholders.
• Sets achievable objectives for oneself, and assumes responsibility for agreed objectives and ensures successful closure, recognises opportunities to exceed his/her objectives both quantitive and qualitative manner.
• Contributes to the ongoing improvement of operational processes.
• Vigilant towards operational risks, and their mitigation, including communication to relevant stakeholders.
• Understands and accepts the need for development, and deals well with change, both internally and externally.
• Demands and promotes collaboration between colleagues.
• Provides information proactively as required, in order to ensure good internal knowledge sharing, in a team and goal orientated manner, sets an example to more junior staff.
• Demonstrates personal initiative, places ambitious demands on his/her work, and the work of others.
• Takes an active role in professional development, both technically and personally.
• Adapts him/herself to different forms of cultural interaction.
• Judges emotion, empathises as necessary, escalates possible conflict situations to relevant stakeholders.
• Able to accept constructive criticism, and deals constructively with negative experiences.
• Embraces the idea of learning from error.
• Demonstrates and communicates corporate values/principles.
• Communicates clearly in regards to change, so that all parties impacted have a clear understanding.
• Good command in English, both written and spoken.