As an intern, you will support strategic projects while learning how Target Costing can increase value for money while eliminating redundancies, reducing complexity and define target-costs.
In your daily activities you are responsible for teardown of mechanic telecommunication equipment and product cost calculations as well as the maintenance of related tools & databases.
Your output will be linked to the following activities:
- Cost Modeling of infrastructure products
- Teardown of existing mechanical products in reverse engineering
- Clustering of technical specification requirements to core function of products
- Development, organization and management of raw material and component cost trackers
- General support of the Target Costing team in and around the TC@P Labs
- An internship project, which you will plan, stage, execute and present independently
You are studying industrial engineering or a comparable major with a link to economical engineering.
You have either a professional training in a mechanics related job or accomplished the basic studies and finished a basic internship.
You also possess the following skills and experience:
- Personal interest in fixed and mobile telecommunication infrastructure products and hands-on experience
- Identify raw materials and components, understand the technical functionality of modules and group them into functionalities
- You are proficient in reading technical drawings and/or cost and activity accounting
- Experience on industrial manufacturing processes and/or extended knowledge on mechanical construction
- Analytical, problem solving skills and an ability to be pro-active with a sense of urgency
- Fluent in English, being able to communicate in German and French is a plus.
Founded in 2011 by Deutsche Telekom and Orange, BuyIn delivers strategic procurement services combining more than 25 billion euros of annual spend. This leads to sustainable economies of scale and savings based on analytics and benchmarks across millions of price points in 40+ markets.
The Target Costing @Procurement (TC@P) team covers the areas of Network Equipment, Service Platform, IT and Customer Equipment. TC@P is consulting projects cross-functionally to increase value for money while eliminating redundancies, reducing complexity and to define target costs.