As part of “continuous improvement” the maturity level of the existing products requires constant enhancement. In addition the T-Systems service offerings to our clients are constantly expanded through new solutions and offerings to keep the T-Systems offering market relevant and best of breed.
Description of responsibilities:
· Design, communicate and implement Workspace Management solutions to existing and new clients
· Implement, configure, maintain and continuously enhance workspace management toolsets such as the Microsoft Systems Centre Suite (focus on Configuration Manager), ASG Cloud Factory/Cockpit, Citrix and future related tools.
· Technical interpretation of business requirements and processes to align with system design
· To effectively facilitate the environment for technical testing and research for Proof of Concepts, System upgrades and service improvement
· Implementation of “best practices” (technical operational standards) in day-to-day operations
· Development and implementation of automation scripts, utilities and reports to enhance maturity of environment
· Initiate Research & Development projects on new workspace management products to determine benefits and business fit
· Identify and participate in developing integration layers with other workspace management toolsets
· Establish, enhance and drive daily health checks and configuration changes and participate in 3rd level stand-by to enhance performance and stability
· Own the technology feedback and information sessions to appropriate forums (clients & team)
· Contribute to the technical engagements with international Global Delivery Unit within CCS
· Identify potential points of failure, drive areas for improvement and identifying pain points and bottlenecks
· Create and drive the implementation of recommendations in regards to process changes based on the needs of the business and/or product direction
· To effectively initiate Proof of Concepts and Projects in order provide new solutions (Solution Crafting)
· Managing projects related to Workspace Management
· Primarily responsible for Problem/Change Management
· Lead the P1/P2 incident resolution, including difficult and advanced incidents (escalation point for L2 to L3) including RCA
· Non-standard request execution
· Examples of accountability: System Health/Baseline Compliance, Audit Compliance, Meetings/Workshops, Project Work, system build templates, Documentation, Scripting, RCA (L2 to supply support)
T-Systems SA (Pty) Ltd
Qualifications and experience required:
· Matric (NQF3) compulsory
· Tertiary IT qualification (Degree, Diploma, MCSE, etc.) an advantage
· Proven Workspace Management toolset technology experience (CM2012 Certification required)
· Proven ability to coordinate resolution of issues on a subarea / area / client
· At least seven years’ computing experience (MS Wintel, MCP, MCSE)
· Development and scripting experience an advantage (e.g. Perl, Php, Shell scripting, VB/.Net, Java scripting)
· Microsoft SCOM experience an advantage
· Good working knowledge of Networking - TCP/IP (Configuration of Client, Client Troubleshooting)
· SQL Server Administration – optional
· Define operational documentation and processes
· Active Directory Infrastructure
· Configuration Management Toolset SCCM – CM2012
· Knowledge of information and telecommunications technology, current and emerging trends
· Thorough knowledge of workspace management toolsets, solutions and industry trends
· Aligning business process with technology
· Knowledge in systems and project management
· Ability to construct professional quality documentation
· Sufficient knowledge of IT operations, responsibilities, work flow processes and procedures in order to resolve most inquiries independently.
· Proficient in Incident, Problem, and Change Management.
· Supporting and Co-operating
· Analysing and interpreting
· Interfacing Reporting
· Creating and Conceptualising
· Organising and Executing
· Communication - Communicates effectively, both orally and in writing, with colleagues and encourages open communication.
· Initiative – Shows initiative and makes time available to ensure general technical competencies and specializations are kept up to date and in line with business developments
· Presentation Ability – Is fully capable of preparing, organizing and giving presentations using appropriate tools and techniques in both written and oral modes
· Builds relationships – The ability to build and sustain relationships with key individuals on the basis of openness and trust
· Planning – The ability to plan work in order to ensure the effective and efficient rendering of service. Implements, monitors and evaluates new and existing processes to test if the business goals are met
· Problem Solving skills
· Facilitation skills
· Deciding and Initiating Action
· Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations
· Applying Expertise and Technology
· Following Instructions and Procedures
· Coping with Pressures and Setbacks
· Planning and Organising
· Adhering to Principles and Values
· Professional – Reaching such work standards that your behaviour reflects the principles, practices, skills, character, methods and code of conduct expected of you
· Pro-active orientation and thought leadership – The ability to look for, gather and process relevant information to answer particular business questions, to be innovative and creative in identifying opportunities and to take appropriate action
· Dedication – The ability to complete assigned tasks to agreed specifications. Deals with fluctuating workload to meet deadlines through dedication, tenacity and in spite of difficulties
· Team working – The ability to achieve objectives and results by bringing together and working effectively in diverse groups.
· Independent – The ability to progress with work in an independent manner
Our journey into the South African ICT market starts just three years after the birth of our democracy. In 1997, T-Systems International, a subsidiary of Deutsche Telekom invested in South Africa bringing expertise, innovation and intellectual property of a global ICT provider.
We are a company that transform our clients and our country by delivering innovative “ICT that Works”, in South Africa and for South Africa. We are entrusted to run our clients’ most critical ICT networks, applications and systems.
Our local clients include leading private and public-sector organisations across the following sectors:
- Automotive and manufacturing
We understand the needs of local clients, they want the benefits of mobility, big data, apps, cloud computing and collaboration, while also managing the risks introduced by these new disruptive technologies and ways of working. With the expertise and research of our parent company, we can quickly get up to speed in offering these new innovations and global best practice capabilities.
Our strategy has evolved in line with industry trends towards in-sourcing and the commoditisation of certain ICT services. While retaining the best of our traditional approach to enterprise technology – which is about accuracy, efficiency, stability, and scalability, we have also integrated a new approach, which is all about agility, speed and innovation.
T-Sytsems South Africa is a Level 1 B-BBEE Contributer. Candidates who meet the Organisation's BBBEE requirements will receive preference during the recruitment process.