Mobile technology has been at the forefront of innovation, and the pace of development in this domain has never been greater. Deutsche Telekom is committed to bringing amazing experiences to our mobile network users. As a Tools & Automation Expert, you will be at the heart of Telekom’s engineering process building new tools and software (e.g. cSON – Self Organised Networks) that empowers engineering teams to develop and deliver high quality of mobile networks, coverage and services. We are focused on solving the hardest, most interesting challenges of optimising mobile networks end to end to reach high stability, quality, speed and customer experience.
Telekom experts develop & design the next-generation technologies that change how our network users connect, communicate and interact with information and one another. As a member of an extraordinarily creative, motivated and talented team, you lead and coordinate international expert groups and projects with focus to specificate, standardize and harmonize the planning tools and databases, which provide an optimized network planning and development process or to reach transparency and consistence of planning processes, guarantee of consistent investments and achievement of price savings. You will be accountable for according guidelines and project deliverables of assigned projects. We need our engineers to be versatile and passionate to tackle new problems as we continue to push technology forward. If you get excited about building new things and aren't daunted by the challenge of building something from scratch, then our team might be your next career step.
- Harmonize and standardize the planning tools and databases, which provide an optimized network planning and development process within Deutsche Telekom Group (like cSON, GEO Tools, Performance Management Tools, etc.)
- Development and execution of Quality Conceptions for software tools and databases.
- Initiate and evaluate tenders for the software tools and databases based on the Group requirements. Initiate and design frame contracts and agreements with the suppliers (the delivery, evolution and maintenance) of the software Tools and Databases.
- Initiate regular software tool review and agree with the existing suppliers necessary improvements or to chose a new supplier to re-place the existing one. Initiate regular price reviews of software tools in order to achieve cost savings.
- Accept new software tool and databases (or their upgrades), co-ordinate and agree the rollout in national affiliates.
- Proceed the tasks carried out in an international context, characterised by diversity in terms of experience, priorities and goals among local RAN Planning & Deployment organisations
- To exchange and share information within the Company to enable cross-functional problem solving and decision making.
This position is open in Prague (belong to T-Mobile Czech Republik) or Budapest (belong to Magyar Telekom Nyrt.)
- Excellent written and oral skills in English.
- Master degree preferably in the area of telecommunication, computer science, electrical engineering, mathematics, etc.
- At least 5 years professional job experience in the technology domain. Especially working experience in GSM/UMTS planning and optimization tools and IT architecture.
- Good knowledge regarding 2G/3G/4G radio system principles, algorithms and parameters.
- Broad and good understanding of telecommunication architectures and all generations of 3GPP mobile technologies including GSM, UMTS, LTE/SAE, WiFi
- Proven ability to work individually or as part of a team to achieve project goals on time. Proven ability to work in international and cross functional teams
- Flexibility, High commitment, Good communication and presentation skills.
- Self-motivated with ability to work self dependant
- Assigning his own responsibilities to the appropriate team / project members in an unambiguous manner; making effective use of team / project member’s time and skills.
- Establishing and monitoring procedures to control and regulate expert groups and projects without disciplinary / functional lead as well as one's own tasks and responsibilities.
- Recognizing opportunities and acting on them; self-starting rather than waiting passively to see what happens.
- Investigating and anticipating customer wishes and needs and acting accordingly giving high priority to service and customer satisfaction
- Drawing correct and realistic conclusions based on the information available.
- Actively focused on achieving results and objectives in a most efficient way; ready to take action in case of disappointing results.
- Be able to discuss with very technical experts as well as senior management, strong ability to convince decision makers.
- Explains/presents highly complex ideas; anticipates potential objections and prepares case accordingly, influences others. A key technical contributor across teams
- Investigating customer wishes and needs and acting accordingly; anticipating customer needs; giving high priority to service and customer satisfaction
- Able to align the requirements from different markets and ensure that the different experts are working as one team
- Capable to sell the various automation strategies to the management level of local markets.
- Motivated and curious to learn new things.
- Be able to keep up with knowledge in this complex and fast moving technology area.
- Strongly motivated to improve efficiency and quality in Deutsche Telekom networks.