T-Systems Ltd operates information and communication technology (ICT) systems for multinational corporations and public sector institutions.
T-Systems Ltd is pursuing the mission to shape the future of a connected business world and society by creating added value for customers, employees and investors through innovative ICT solutions.
We are building a value driven and inclusive business to help us attract and retain the top talent available. Our business is stronger for it and we have more ideas, greater creativity and amazing people driving us forward.
Purpose of the Function/Key Responsibilities:
Responsible for the development of the IT Cloud Services Business within T-Systems in the UK – through alignment with the IT Services Portfolio of Cloud Offerings, Delivery and by direct Sales activities, developing leads through to opportunities and new logo wins in the UK Market for Cloud Services.
Providing though Sales Leadership, Entrepreneurial thinking, Solution Strategy and Sales Support consistent growth in order entry and revenue from Cloud Focused Services. Responsible for the implementation of an Enterprise Cloud Services Strategy to identify, develop and support new business in the area of Managed Cloud Services for T-Systems in the UK. The role will consist of the following business development disciplines and areas of responsibility:
- Implement an end-to-end Cloud Services Strategy for the T-Systems UK Business, enabling T-Systems to offer comprehensive Private, Public and Hybrid Cloud services for the UK Enterprise Market, drawing on the best of the internal portfolio, delivery capability and external partner services to offer best-in-class Enterprise Cloud Solutions.
Business Development & Sales:
- Implement a Business Development Strategy to drive identification and development of leads, through to opportunities, to sell Managed Cloud Services to Enterprise customers in the UK marketplace.
- Providing technology leadership across the Sales organisation and become a point of excellence for Managed Multi-Cloud within T-Systems UK, supporting Engineering, Operations and Sales staff to understand and support the wider Cloud Strategy.
- Responsible for communication of a Cloud strategy across the Sales Unit and championing its adoption and implementation across all Divisions.
- Responsible for the continual development of Sales & Delivery capability to grow T-Systems Cloud business in the UK Market.
- Act as a cloud evangelist, pushing the T-Systems brand and its Capabilities into the UK market space, to include speaking at Industry Events, executive level presentations on strategy, technology and business adoption and thought leadership on the advancement of Enterprise Cloud Services.
- Act as a cloud customer advocate within T-Systems Ltd, and act as an executive sponsor and relationship holder with client C-level executives for Cloud Opportunities.
- Manage executive relationships with contract owning CI/E/O/O stakeholders, ensuring customer confidence, clear communication and understanding and demonstrable control of Cloud Services from T-Systems and supporting them, in developing their strategy and adopting T-Systems services.
- Assist Client Executives with Strategic direction and adoption of Cloud, advocating and developing business for T-Systems in the UK market.
- Drive a partner alliances programme to underpin Cloud Strategic Service offerings in the UK, enabling Solutions and Services to be delivered within the UK, utilising core T-Systems International Portfolio and Global/Local Partner services as appropriate to the customer demand.
- Establish commercial and management relationships with appropriate Hyperscale (Public) Cloud Providers, complimentary Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) providers, and key Enterprise Software providers such as SAP.
- Identify new opportunities to develop Cloud Services business in the UK, and continually evolve strategic programmes and initiatives to develop portfolio of offerings together with Sales to grow the UK Cloud Customer base.
- IT Division key financial metrics relating to Cloud Services in the UK:
- Order Entry (EMEA Local / UK) Cloud Services €mio
- Revenue (EMEA Local / UK) Cloud Services €mio
- Gross Profit (EMEA Local / UK) Cloud Services €mio
- Coherent Business Development Strategy for Cloud and implementation plan across the IT Division and greater T-Systems in the UK.
- Sales familiarity and performance with Cloud Services.
- Strong Order Entry and Revenue Growth from Cloud Services business in the UK market.
- Strong hybrid cloud solutions based on internal and partner portfolio, ready to sell and deliver through strategic implementation programmes.
Key Challenges and Complexity:
- Adherence and adoption of central engineering and strategic programmes and portfolio from T-Systems International.
- Limited public / hyper scale adoption in current Enterprise Solutions.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Excellent “right-level” Technical knowledge and in-depth Enterprise Architecture level understanding of Cloud Services, Cloud technology, concepts, solutions, use-cases and reference examples.
- Exceptional in-depth experience of at least one public cloud / hyperscale provider (e.g. Amazon, Microsoft Azure).
- Openstack experience highly relevant.
- Enterprise Architecture / Technical Architecture accreditations valued and useful.
- Experience in a Cloud/Cloud Services Leadership role within an IT Services organisation or Cloud Provider ideally at an Enterprise Architect / Chief Technology Officer Level.
- Business Development / Pre-sales role with demonstrable success.
- Project or Program Management – proven track record of implementing organisational, procedural or business change projects.
- Exceptional customer facing presentation skills, ideally in a “selling capacity”, public speaking experience.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and report writing skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
Education & Qualification
- Ideally a graduate in Business or Computing Science
- Any Cloud / Hyperscale Provider Certification useful
- Experience of working in different roles and technology functions
- Computing Skills – High Proficiency
- Microsoft Windows Office (especially Powerpoint)
- Ideally Six Sigma qualification
We want to recruit the best people for our business. This sounds simple but in a changing business landscape we need to continually review what talent and capability we need and then how we attract and engage it.
Our industry is exciting and there is no status quo; our customers are becoming more and more digital and need different and innovative new solutions and expect more and more from us. This means we need to evolve and to stay ahead of the market and of the major trends like Cyber Security, Big Data and the Internet of Things.
At T-Systems in the UK, we deliver our customers end-to-end IT and telecommunications solutions from corporate voice and data networks to full-spectrum IT solutions and business process outsourcing. Our local and global expertise in information and communications technology coupled with our extensive investments in world leading ICT solutions position us as true leaders in our field. With offices in London, Milton Keynes and Hatfield and other satellite sites across the UK, we make sure we remain close to our customers. And, with extensive reach across the globe, we can also meet their demands on an international scale.
Our Five Guiding Principles:
- Customer delight drives our action
- Respect and integrity guide our behaviour
- Team together, team apart
- Best place to perform and grow
- I am T, count on me